TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Access to the event content and materials is only given to registered attendees for the event.
HRM Asia reserves the right to refuse and cancel any registration without further explanations.
This event is open to HR Professionals only, and at the sole discretion of the Organiser only.
- Attendees agree to respect all intellectual property rights in the programme, including the programme structure, content, materials and proceedings.
DATA PROTECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA (PDPA)
By submitting this application form to HRM Asia, you agree that any personally identifiable data that you have provided to us and photographs and videos that are captured in the course of the programme may be:
(i) used by us for the organisation and administration of our programmes (including profile preparation in connection with the programme, for organisers, speakers, sponsors and other participants, where applicable);
(ii) used and retained by us for communicating with, and informing you about our activities and programmes (by post, email, or telephone);
(iii) disclosed by us (only relevant personal data as necessary) to service providers or partners that we may engage in connection with the programme;
(iv) used by us in the development of marketing collaterals for the programme and HRM Asia in the future.
If you are providing someone else’s personal data or submitting this Form on behalf of someone else, you hereby declare that you have obtained consent from the named individual(s) in this Form, for the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data by you to HRM Asia, HRM Asia business partners and other third party service providers.
If you would like to request access to, or to correct, or to withdraw consent to our use of your personal data, photographs and/or videos after submitting this form, or if you have questions on how HRM Asia deals with personal data, please send an email to the programme organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Organiser/HRM Asia’s sponsors, advertisers, and third-party content or service providers may have links on their websites and digital newsletters that take attendees to other websites. Please note that links to other websites are provided throughout organiser/HRM Asia websites for users’ information and convenience. The organiser/HRM Asia requests third parties involved adhere sound policies regarding the privacy of their users. However, this does not cover third-party data collection practices, and the organiser/HRM Asia does not assume any responsibility for any actions of third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To organiser/HRM Asia companies in order to process the data for the above-mentioned purposes;
- When we have your consent to do so, e.g., when you have allowed an event exhibitor to scan your attendee badge or when permitted by law;
- To third parties who work on our behalf to service or maintain business contact databases and other IT systems, e.g., suppliers of the IT systems which we use to process personal information, or who provide other services, such as printing;
- To third parties providing services to us or on our behalf who have a need to access your information, e.g., our professional advisors (e.g. auditors and lawyers) or hotel/venues for our events;
- To comply with applicable laws, protect rights, safety and property, and respond to lawful requests from public authorities (e.g., disclosing data in appropriate situations for national security or law enforcement purposes); and
- Subject to applicable law, in the event that an HRM Asia company, product, or business line is merged, sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets (including in bankruptcy), or in the event of another corporate change, in connection with such a transaction, or for pre-transaction review in relation to such transactions.
INFORMATION ORGANISER COLLECTS WHEN YOU ATTEND ONE OF OUR EVENTS
Categories of information we collect about you include:
- Information you provide during registration, such as name, business email address, profile photograph, job title, professional interests, and requested accommodation, and payment card information;
- Information you provide while attending the conference to receive additional access or materials (e.g. badge scan or QR scan); and
- Information collected when we photograph or record one of our events.
We use this information for certain activities, including:
- Enabling you to attend our events;
Conducting our events;
- Sending newsletters and material related to topics that may be of interest to you;
- Connecting event attendees with other event participants such as speakers, exhibitors and sponsors;
- Analyzing attendee interests in and interactions with the event;
- Marketing our events through the use of media; and
- Providing recordings of certain event sessions to interested business contacts, attendees, and online through our websites or HRM Asia social media sites.
We use this information because:
- It is necessary to perform our obligations or exercise our contractual rights;
- It is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
We have a legitimate business interest to:
Manage and promote our business and brand;
- Operate our event business;
- Provide and improve our products and services; and
- Collect relevant information for hospitality and health and safety purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION PERIODS
Organiser will retain your personal information for as long as required to perform the purposes for which the data was collected, depending on the legal basis for which that data was obtained and/or whether additional legal/regulatory obligations require us to retain it.
In general terms, this will mean that your personal information will be kept for the duration of organiser relationship with you and:
- the period required by tax and company laws and regulations; and
- as long as it is necessary for you to be able to bring a claim against us and for us to be able to defend ourselves against any legal claims. This will generally be the length of the relationship plus the length of any applicable statutory limitation period under local laws.